Drones For Roof Inspections
The Power of Drones for Roof Inspections
Drones are a great way to inspect a roof for wear and tear. Whether you’re an independent home inspector or a commercial business, having a drone based solution for roof inspections can be a real game-changer. Drones are great for getting a bird’s-eye view of any property and assessing issues from a safe distance.
When it comes to roof inspections, drones are the best way to go. They’re more accurate and less invasive than traditional methods, and they can also be cheaper for your business. Here’s why:
Why use drones for roof inspections
Roof inspections are a necessary part of business operations. Roof inspections can help keep your employees safe, help clients avoid costly and unexpected repairs, and ensure that your roof inspections are accurate. By looking at the roof from different angles and heights, you can see things that may be overlooked when doing a traditional inspection.
But how do you get an accurate view?
Drones offer a unique perspective on roofs that cannot be obtained with traditional methods. Drones allow for an aerial view of roofs, which allows for more accurate assessment of their condition. With drones, you can see if there are any issues or problems that need attention before they become big problems for your clients.
Why Use Drones to Inspect Roofs?
- Drones are safer than humans. You can get a bird’s eye view of a roof without having to risk your life or the lives of your workers.
- Drones can fly in extreme weather conditions, which makes them ideal for inspecting roofs during all seasons.
- Drones are more efficient than humans because they can fly around quickly and take photos from all angles at once, whereas a human would have to walk around the entire roof manually and take photos from each angle individually.
- Using drones for roof inspections makes it easier for businesses to save money by eliminating the need for manual labor.
When it comes to roof inspections, drones are the way to go. Not only are they more cost-effective than traditional methods, but they also offer a unique opportunity to get a bird’s-eye view of the entire structure—something that would be impossible by any other means. Drones also allow for greater precision in measuring areas such as solar panels or other features on your property that may need attention.
What to look for in a drone for roof inspections
Drones are becoming increasingly common in the construction industry and are used for everything from surveying to marketing. However, their most popular use is in roof inspections. While there are many different types of drones available on the market, there are a few things you should look for in a drone if you want to conduct roof inspections.
If you’re looking to invest in a drone for your business, here are some features you should look for:
- Ease of Use: A drone that is easy to fly is essential. You don’t want to spend all day learning how to operate your new tool when you could be using it for work.
- Camera: The next thing to consider is how many cameras are included on the drone. Most drones come with two cameras: one camera facing down at the ground below, and another camera facing up at the sky above. Having multiple cameras allows you to get different perspectives on each inspection—one from below and one from above—which gives you more information than just one camera would provide.
- Thoroughness: How thorough is the drone? The more thorough the better. How many images can it capture per inspection?
- Battery life: Drone batteries typically last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. If you’re planning on working all day, you will need a drone with a long-lasting battery. Some drones have removable batteries so that you can carry extras with you as backup in case one runs out of power before your job is done.
- Range: The farther your drone can fly, the more area you can cover in a single flight. Drones with longer range fly faster, which means that they get to their destination sooner—and you don’t have to wait as long for them to return before starting another inspection.
- Advanced Features: Ensure your drone has advanced features like obstacle avoidance technology and GPS tracking capabilities so that doesn’t crash into things while you’re flying it.
Where to find the best drone for roof inspections
Drones can be a powerful tool for inspecting roofs, and we hope this article has given you some insight into what to look for in a drone. When it comes to roof inspections, you need a drone that’s more than just a camera. You need a drone that can take your business to the next level.
EagleView Technology is one of the leading providers of aerial drone solutions for roof inspections worldwide. Their EagleView Assess™ drone solution offers high-quality imaging as well as accurate measurement, aerial mapping and surveying, and construction site documentation. The Assess drone is thorough and captures hundreds of images per inspection. It will help you save time from walking the roof, as you’ll be safely on the ground as the drone flies autonomously.
There are many different types of drone solutions on the market, so take your time finding the one that will work best for you. If you’re ready to find out more about how they can help your company succeed, contact an expert for a free demo.