Effective Date: September 21, 2017
The legal basis for our use of your personal data with generally be one or more of the following:
a) we need to process your personal data to satisfy our legal obligations;
b) for the legitimate interests of operating the Site and to perform our obligations and exercise any rights in relation to operating the Site; and/or
c) where we need to process your data to meet our contractual obligations in relation to the Site or to take steps before entering into a contract.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Offerings. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
Information We Collect Directly From You. We collect information about you directly from you. The information we collect varies depending on your interaction with the Offerings. For example, if you register to use our Offerings, we may collect your name, email address, password, phone number, company name, company industry and business segment, and company address. If you place an order with us, we will collect information to process your payment and request, including name, payment card information, billing address, email address and delivery instructions. We will also collect other information in order to process your order and prepare requested reports, including site/property address, latitude/longitude and aerial images, which we associate with other data (such as other aerial images and structure measurements) that we create, compile or otherwise obtain and maintain as part of our databases and records) in order prepare reports for you.
We will also collect any other information that you provide to us through the Offerings, such your name and the contents of your message(s) if you contact us through the Offerings, or your responses to survey questions.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties, including publicly available information, which we may combine with the other information we have collected.
Information We Collect Automatically Through our Offerings. We automatically collect information about you through your use of the Offerings, including (but not limited to) your IP address, the type of browser you are using, domain name, the website or application that led you to the Offerings, the website or application to which you go after leaving the Offerings, the dates and times you access the Offerings; the device you are using; operating system; device identifier; preferred language; and mobile network information. We may combine automatically collected information with other information that we collect about you. Please see our Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms section below for more information about tracking.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing and Improving the Offerings. To provide and maintain the Offerings; to improve the Offerings; to tailor the information we display to you within the Offerings; to develop new features, products, or services; to authenticate users; to process payments; to fulfill orders and requests; to perform technical operations, such as updating software; to monitor and protect the security of the Offerings; and for other service- and support-related purposes.
- Communications. To communicate with you (including by email) about your account and use of the Offerings, including to send you product or service updates and to respond to your inquiries.
- Marketing. To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and other information we think may interest you, including information and promotional content related to third party products and services; and for other informational, marketing, or promotional purposes where you have provided us with an indication that you wish to receive such information. . Please see the Your Choices section below for more information about communications from us.
- Research and Analytics. To analyze how users interact with the Offerings; to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends; and for other research, analytical, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including as part of a judicial proceeding; to respond to a warrant, court order, or other legal process; or as part of an investigation or request, whether formal or informal, from law enforcement or a governmental authority.
How We Disclose Your Information
- Vendors and Providers. We may disclose your information to our vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf, or in order to provide the Offerings to you. For example, if you order or use Offerings that require an onsite visit, these visits may be conducted by third party providers, in which case we would share your name, contact information and the order type with the third party provider. Similarly, we may disclose your information to third-party service providers to process payments on our behalf, provide customer support, or send you postal mail.
- Marketing Partners. We may share certain personal information (such as name, contact information, demographic information and services used) with select business and marketing partners who may use your information in order to contact you for marketing purposes, and for other purposes where you have provided us with an indication that you wish to receive such information.. For more information, please see the Your Choices section below
- Business Transfers. We may disclose your information to another entity in connection with, including during negotiations of, an acquisition or merger, sale or transfer of our company, a business unit, or all or part of our assets, bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of any other similar business transfer.
- Legal Compliance. We may share personal information with other people or organisations where we consider in good faith that one or more of the following circumstances apply:
- (i) It is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request;
- (ii) Any applicable laws permit us to make the disclosure. For example, the DPA permits us to disclose personal information where necessary in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or for the prevention or detection of crime;
- (iii) It is necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
- With your consent. We may share personal information with people or organisations where we have your consent to do so.
Where we send your information
Your personal data will be hosted in the U.S. and will therefore be transferred and stored outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) either on our system or of our subcontractors. Companies that we share your personal data with may also transfer or store your personal data outside of the EEA. Where this is the case, we will ensure that appropriate or suitable safeguards are in place, such as the standard model clauses. Please let us know if you wish to obtain details of such safeguards.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website itself (“first party cookies”) or by other websites that provide content (such as advertising) for the website that you are viewing (“third party cookies”).
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our Site, and to personalise our Site for you.
Some cookies used on the Site are temporary and remain on your device until you leave the Site, at which point they are deleted. These are often called session cookies. Session cookies are typically used on the Site to allow you to carry information across pages of the Site and avoid having to re-enter information, and to allow you to access stored information whilst you are logged into a user account on the Site.
Other cookies used on the Site remain on your device once you have left the Site (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). These are often called persistent cookies. Persistent cookies are typically used on the Site to help it recognise your device when you return to it, and to help us improve the structure of the Site by compiling anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Site.
The cookies used by the Site can be grouped into three categories.
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They allow our web servers to respond to your actions on the Site and whilst browsing it. The Site will not work for you without these cookies.
Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily, and also to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site in order to remember your preferences, and also allow us to provide certain aspects of the Site’s functionality.
Here’s a list of the main cookies we use on the Site, and what we use them for. We may, from time to time, update or modify our cookies. If we do, we will update this list.
|When does this cookie expire?
|Encrypted authorization token used for calling EagleView APIs.
|Marketo lead tracking
|We utilize DotNetNuke as our main content management system and underlying software.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags, and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Offerings to, among other things, track the activities of users of the Offerings, help us manage content, and compile usage statistics. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Our Offerings do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please see allaboutdnt.com.
We may provide these third-party advertisers with information, such as user email addresses and usage information, to assist us with displaying more relevant advertising. You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, as explained below.
Opting out from one or more companies through the methods above will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if you delete your cookies after opting out or if you are using a different device, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the above websites.
We have taken steps to help protect the personal information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your device and account by, among other things, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. We will not be liable for any loss of or interception of your information, unless this results from our failure to use reasonable steps to keep it secure.
Accessing, Modifying, or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may access, modify, or delete the personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your “MyEagleView” account page or emailing us at email@example.com with what you would like updated. Please note that we may retain certain information about you as required by law or as permitted by law for legitimate business purposes and as part of our business records, even after you have modified or deleted it. We may also retain information for a period of time as part of our backup procedures.
Opting out of Email Communications from Us. We may send periodic promotional and informational emails to you, about the Services and other products, services or information we think may interest you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving promotional and information emails from us, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Opting Out of Third Party Sharing If you do not want us to share your information with marketing partners, you may opt out in your account setting. Your opt-out is effective on a going-forward basis, but not with respect to information we have already disclosed.
Right to Access. You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA, which also sets out circumstances when we must or may not provide personal information to you. Any access request will be subject to the statutory fee, towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you (currently £10). Under the DPA, we may need to verify your identity before providing your personal information to you.
Correction or deletion of information. You have the right to have information about you corrected or deleted. If you need to amend any of your personal details provided via the Site or have them deleted, you can do so by logging into your account or by contacting us using the details below. To change other details, contact us using the details below.
Further information. You have a number of legal rights under English law in relation to how your personal information is used, and some of these are set out in this privacy notice. You can obtain further information about your rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the relevant purpose(s) it was collected for, as set out in this privacy notice, and for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to this privacy notice or the Trustee’s processing activities with the Information Commissioner’s Office, or where you are resident in a jurisdiction other than England and Wales, with the relevant regulator in that jurisdiction.
Our Offerings are not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will promptly delete such personal information from our systems.
Eagle View Technologies, Inc.
3700 Monte Villa Parkway
Bothell, WA 98021